- 10:00AM to 12:30PMThis is a group of service users who meet to read and comment on information leaflets produiced by Walsall Council, Dudley Walsall Mental Health Trust and other organisations before they are published.
The purpose of this group is to help make sure the leaflets are clear and understandable. Feedback from this group leads to the leaflets being improved - they are more clear, easier to read and better for everyone.
This group improves communication between Walsall Council and Walsall's disabled people.
This group only meets when it has something to discuss so if you want to join or give it a try, ring us and register your interest, and you will be invited to the next one
- 2:00PM to 5:00PMindividual, confidential counselling sessions available. please book on 644983. For more information contact Roger on the same number
- 10:15AM to 12:30PMLearn more about your condition, and how to manage it. Led by a Community Development Worker. Past topics have included relaxation, medication, common mental health conditions. Over the next few weeks we are looking at being safe on the internet and making best use of new technology
- 1:00PM to 4:00PMExplore your creative side - express your emotions in an artistic way, or lose yourself in drawing or painting. We provide basic materials. You don't have to be van Gogh, anyone can benefit from artistic activity. Led by a service user, a supportive environment
- 7:15PM to 10:15PMEvery month except January, at Pelsall Labour Club, by Pelsall Common, we hold a social evening for diabled people. There is a disco or a musician, light buffet and cheap bar.
Ticket £5 for you to get in (price held down for 9th year) and your carer if you need one, is free.
To get there, use Ring and Ride, taxis or local bus.
Please book with us if you are coming - ring on 01922 644983 to help make sure everyone gets a buffet meal.
Walsall SUE Pelsall nights - THE disabled-friendly social event for Walsall.
Note - New start and end times
Arrive after 7.15, leave before 10.15
Dates for 2013
13th February (Valentine theme) - WALSALL SUE AGM - FREE ADMISSION
10th April (Easter theme)
16th October (Halloween theme)
11th December (Christmas Party)
If YOUR organisation want to put on events, ask them to put them in the first or the last week of the month, so you can go to BOTH events.
Insist on the REAL Walsall SUE Pelsall evening on the second or third week in the month/b
- 10:00AM to 3:00PMIndividual, confidential counselling with experienced professional. Your issues are in confidence. Get help with long-standing issues
- 1:00PM to 3:30PMThis group is now running on all Wednesday afternoons
It is for people interested in taking better pictures.
We are very supportive for all abilities.
You can learn how to get more use out of your digital camera and take better pictures.
You will learn how to support each other and give helpful feedback.
We go out somewhere to take pictures about every other month during the better weather.
We have an exhibition each year.
On our last trip we went to Wenlock Edge. Soon we will go to Birmingham to look at an exhibition at the Ikon gallery
- 10:00AM to 12:00PMIndividual, confidential counselling on your topics of concern. All discussion is confidential and individual to you. Book your sessions on 01922 644983
- 9:30AM to 12:30PMBook a session with us to discuss your issues in confidence.
You may need guidance or advice on benefits, accommodation, or you may wish to discuss personal, relationship or other issues you want support with.
These sessions are one hour long and must be booked in advance.
Counsellors in training are available to help
- 2:00PM to 4:00PMJoin our group who visit patients at Bloxwich hospital.
Chat, listen, help people take part in activities.
Full training given
- 1:00PM to 4:00PMCome to Bath Street and explore your artistic side.
You do not have to be a great artist – this is an opportunity to do art at your own pace in a supportive environment – we provide basic materials.
You will get the chance to use pastels, watercolour, charcoal etc.
The group is supported by a service user who is an artist
This group looks more at craft activities than the Tuesday group
- 9:00AM to 12:00PMWe have a fully trained and qualified Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) advisor on our staff and can offer you the opportunity to discuss your issues and get advice and guidance on what to do, in confidence. Please ring before you set out to be sure there is an appointment available. For people who find Friday morning difficult, other times can be made available if you ask
- 1:45PM to 3:15PMSupported walk from Park Lime pits, Rushall. Seems to end up at the pub an hour or so later.
Join us for a healthy walk, come rain or shine, in a beautiful part of Walsall.
Meet in the car park outside the Manor pub. (or arrive earlier and see you inside).
This is an inclusive activity so if you are not sure if you can complete the whole distance still come and we will help you work up to the full walk.
You will often see herons, buzzards and other interesting wildlife.
- 8:30AM to 4:00PMDoes your computer need help?
Is it over-run with viruses?
Is it properly updated?
Having trouble on the internet?
Not getting your email properly?
Should you fix your computer, upgrade or buy a new one?
Get our advice free for Walsall residents who are disabled.
Book an appointment now on 01922 644983